Yarn Tales Tuesday






A New Year




  This will be the last Yarn Tales Tuesday article of 2014! YTT was started with the intention of prompting discussions about crochet, needle art, and yarn-related subjects. I began writing this series in August of this year, and so far, it's been a success!






  Sometimes, I use YTT to just rant about things that have affected me personally, but I still keep it yarn-related in some way. From educational posts about checking your gauge, to silly subjects like Bi-Polar Craftitis, these articles have been (for the most part) fun to write. They don't always inspire the discussions that I had hoped for, but sometimes it's just a way for me to get a load off of my mind. Many of you have thanked me for information, let me know that you got a laugh, and helped to build my confidence in ways you may never know.




  I want to use this last Yarn Tales Tuesday of the year to thank everybody. Every time I see one of my posts or projects get a like or a share, and every time I receive a comment I know that someone appreciates my work. Thank you to Subscribers, Followers, repeat visitors, and even to those of you who are visiting for the first time for taking the time to stop by to see what I have to share.




  Thanks also goes to Free Indie Crochet Patterns, Crochet Pattern Bonanza, Crochet at Play, Daisy Cottage Designs, Knot by Gran'ma, and All Free Crochet for sharing my patterns. Just like it takes work to design and create crochet, it also takes work to share and link to patterns. Whether it's a big website with a ton of employees or a fellow blogger working alone, I appreciate every time one of my patterns, tutorials, or posts are shared. If you've shared my work and I don't know about it, then thanks goes to you too, and please contact me so I can give credit.




  Additionally, I want to thank the staff and my fellow Makers at +Guidecentral. This blog business doesn't make enough to keep me in yarn and hooks. Thanks to this innovative D.I.Y. site, I've been able to earn a little side cash for more supplies. It has also provided me with an easier way to create crochet tutorials that often correspond with my free patterns. Fellow Makers also contribute daily to my crafting inspiration with their beautiful and interesting creations. Whenever I get "burned out" on creativity, a quick look at what the Guidecentral community is crafting will get the ball rolling again. And make me go to the craft store for supplies!




  For those of you who are interested, I've set some new goals for the upcoming year to expand the Crochet is the Way business. Some of them are realistic and already in motion, and some of them may be a bit harder to reach. Hopefully I will be able to achieve some of the more unrealistic goals, but even if I don't, Crochet is the Way will still have more to offer in 2015. I don't want to spoil any surprises, but a big one will be, hopefully, a store!




  I find that to reach a goal, it helps if you tell someone about your plans. Have you set any crochet-related goals for the new year? If you're planning on finishing that project you've been putting off, or perhaps you're ready to learn a more advanced stitch, let us know about it!




Hope you've enjoyed the Holidays and have a Happy New Year!


Comments